Arrr you ready to be a pirate?
Join us at Sylvan Beach’s 2016 Pirate Weekend!
July 21st – 24th
Thursday, July 21st – Pirate Invasion!
- 4pm – Relax and play in the park as DJ Jack Ryan spins some of the latest hits as we start to gather in anticipation of the Mayor’s Opening Ceremony!
- 5:30pm – Mayor Greg Horan of Sylvan Beach, NY will officially sanction the beginning of Pirates Weekend in the gazebo in the center of the town!
Last year a mob of unruly pirate wenches kidnapped the mayor and paraded him around town until his ransom was paid! (We heard they ended up giving the ransom to the fire department so the mayor wasn’t TOO angry.) Follow them on their tour of the beach!
The pirate flag will rise at the Gazebo at 5:30pm – Don’t miss it!
- Enjoy Specials at all Bars throughout the weekend with Miller Lite Specials!
Friday, July 22nd – Best of the Beach Pirate’s Grog Pub Crawl
- 5 pm – 95X will be broadcasting live on location from 5-7pm.
- 7 pm – Officially kicks off the Pirate’s Grog Competition! Each establishment to have 1 oz samples of their signature grog available to sample. Participants will crawl with the 95X crew to each location and sample each grog and text in to vote for their favorite. Pick up your Pirate Grog Punch Card at the Nice n’ Easy in Sylvan Beach beginning at 12pm!
Saturday, July 23rd – Family Fun Pirate Activity Day
Enjoy Crafters & Vendors in the Village Park all day; plus Pirate Weekend specials at each business with various entertainment venues.
- 10 am – Fourth Annual 5Wits Treasure Hunt on the beach at 15th Ave; dig for buried gold coins and redeem for a toy at the “treasure chest.”
- 10 am – 12 pm –Pirate Boat Decorating Contest along the Pier
- 10:30 am – Join Captain Jack Sparrow at the Nice N’ Easy Craft Corner to make your own pirate hat at the park center! Crafts are free & available for kids. Get your face painted and visit vendors in the park!
- 11 am – See if you’ve got what it takes to join Captain Meechum’s Pirate Party with the U.S Army’s Pirate Army Challenge in the center of town!
- 12 pm – “How to Be a Pirate” class hosted in the pavilion area by Captain Jack. All kids attending will recieve a diploma of Apprentice Pirate.
- 1 pm – 3rd Annual Pirate Parade with Captain Jack and the Apprentice Pirates begins on the south end of the beach near the Amusement Park and ends near Cinderella’s. 93Q’s Ted and Amy will emcee and announce float winners!
- 2 pm – 5 pm – “Dunk The Wench” @Sunset Grill “Proceeds to benefit Sylvan Beach Fire Fighters”/”Pirate Fund”
- 3:30 pm Kathy’s Guest Houses & Lori’s Lakeview Cottages sponsor the “EARTH Club, as they teach how to discover lost artifacts.” Located at 13th Avenue, on the beach.
- 8:30 pm – Family Bonfire on the beach @15th Ave with free music from 93Q with Jack Ryan and s’mores.
- Nightfall – Relax and enjoy the Cinderella’s Fireworks Show on the beach! Visit cinderellasrestaurant.com! Enjoy an ice cream, drinks, or great food before and after the show!
Sunday, July 24th – Activity Day
- All Day: Crafts/Antique Vendors located throughout the Village and Park
- 6:30 am – 5K Rum Runner registration opens in the parking lot behind Canal View Cafe. $10 registration fee supports Sitrin Health Care Center – runners and walkers will receive a free pirate bandana. Run/Walk is open to all ages and runners; dogs and strollers are welcome! Prizes will be awarded for fastest time and best costume.
- 8 am – The mutiny begins! Runners will start the 5K Rum Runner in the parking lot behind Canal View Cafe!
- 10 am – Sand Art Competition; participants must register here by 12pm on Saturday. Click here for rules and information.