Oneida lake is a wonderful lake for the family. With the size of the lake there are many activities to do with your family including, fishing, tubing, water skiing, wake boarding and more. There are marinas on the lake for docking, servicing and fueling your boats along with public launches. Sylvan beach offers easy access to great food, hotels, entertainment, and boat docking and servicing. Located at the mouth of the Erie Canal system, Sylvan beach provides easy access to those who are traveling.
While on the water there are many safety guidelines you should abide by. Below are resources for Boat Safety and Oneida Lake Marinas.
Oneida Lake Public Access Areas
- Sylvan Beach– Located on Route 13.
- Godfrey Point– Adjacent to route 49, one mile east of the village of Cleveland. Hard Surface ramp. 56 cars and trailers.
- Verona Beach State Park– Off Lake Shore Rd. in Verona Beach. Shore and ice fishing access.
- Madison County South Shore – Off Route 31, one mile east of the hamlet of Bridgeport. Concrete ramp. 100 cars and trailers.
- Taft Bay– Route 49, 2 1/2 miles east of the village of Constantia. Ice Fishing Access.
- Three Mile Bay– Off Route 49, five miles southeast of the village of Central Square in the Three Mile Bay Wildlife Management Area. Beach launching. Parking for 20 cars and trailers.
- Toad Harbor– Off Shaw Road in the Town of West Monroe. Shoreline access and hand launching. Parking for 30 cars. From Route 49, follow Toad Harbor Road south to lake.
- I-81– Swamp Road at the I-81 crossing. Shore access. North shore and south shore fishing areas have separate parking areas. From Exit 31, follow DOT signs for Fishing Access North and/or South.